£143 - 199 per day
Manchester City Centre
Temporary | Full Time
Music teacher needed immediately at a Secondary School in Central Manchester
Teaching Personnel are looking to recruit for a qualified Music Teacher to work at a secondary school in the centre of Manchester. This position needs filling as soon as possible, ideally with a teacher who can be flexible and feels confident that they can hit the ground running delivering Music Lessons to both KS3 and KS4 students.
The successful applicant would ideally be required to start as soon as possible, but due to the more reactive nature of this vacancy, could begin after the February half term. This role is required for the entire Spring term, and also may be extended until the end of the academic year.
Benefits of this role include:
- Payscales will be adhered to with applications encouraged from all experience levels: M1 – UPS3
- No marking and planning responsibilities
- Secure staff car park and a variety of public transport options nearby
- Spring term role initially, potentially extended to the end of the academic year
The role itself involves working closely with the Music Department and running lessons for both KS3 and KS4 students, so it is necessary that applicants have secondary teaching experience. A successful teacher will need not be required to prepare lesson plans or take on marking responsibilities. It is also important that applicants are confident in their abilities build strong relationships with many different students in a short space of time.
Further role requirements include:
- Qualified Teacher Status (Music)
- Previous experience teaching at a secondary school or college
- Outgoing and approachable to help build relationships with students who may be lacking confidence before exams
- Ability to start and hit the ground running (some level of flexibility)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQ’s on the Teaching Personnel website for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ this may also include an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted applicants.
We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.